POSTED BY Andre Gamble on 10:55 AM under
I'm starting to think there is something wrong with me. All of a sudden, I seem to not want to play online with people anymore. I do know why I feel this way. African American look down on other African Americans who game. Old ideas die slow in the African American community, so my people still think of gamers as unhealthily, lonely souls. So I don't find a lot of people to talk to about gaming around where I live. As soon as I hear another black gamer on Xbox Live you hear the same stereotypical bull, and any thoughts of having a intelligent conversion with another black gamer goes out the window.

This always makes me come to the conclusion that there are only five kinds of people on Xbox Live.
1. The Little Kids Who Sound Like Girls
We Have all played with them. They like to talk a lot. The voice sounds like they haven't hit puberty yet. Then as soon as someone says to stop talking so much, they start cursing. Hearing a little kid who sounds like a girl say motherfucker out load is the funniest thing in the world.

2. The Guys Who Take It Way Too Seriously
These guys have problems. They yell at their team in the post game lobby for not "backing them up". The he usually backs it up with "I could whip all you guys' asses." People seem to forget this is a game. It's a form of entertainment. You don't go to the movies and yell at the good guy for not shooting the bad guy in the head during the first five seconds of his monologue.

3. The Girls
There are two types of girls. The valley girls we all love to hate and the ones who mute their mics because they don't want to have a hunderds guys ask for her a/s/l.

4. Wannabe Potheads
These guys are easy to spot. They are the ones who say at a totally random time "Dude, I'm so high right now." Guess what guy...no one gives a shit.

5. Racist
These are the worst of them all. They love to spread their hate speech. Then when you try to have a reasonable conversion with them they just say "Shut up faggot."

Because of some of these people, gaming online for me has gotten boring. I just don't want to deal with it anymore. I'll stick to my single player games like Far Cry 2 and Fallout 3 for now.
0 comments so far: